Ever since venturing into the world of book blogging early this year, I’ve been noticing the multitude of Reading Challenges that so many of you are participating in. After reading and observing for many months, I think I’m finally going to dip my toes into the challenge pool!
It was when I came across The 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge hosted by J. Kaye’s Book Blog, that I knew it was time for me to give a challenge a try! I may be all grown up, but I love my YA fiction.
Here are the details of the challenge as posted at J. Kaye’s Book Blog:
1. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate.
2. There are four levels:
- The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
- Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.
- Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.
- Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.
3. Audio, eBooks, paper all count.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.
Since this is my first challenge, I think I will start slowly and try The Mini YA Reading Challenge. I’ll list my 12 books here as I go.
- Wake by Lisa McMann (Review posted)
- Rise of the Evening Star by Brandon Mull
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (Review posted)
- The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima (Review posted)
- School’s Out Forever by James Patterson (Review posted)
- The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong (Review posted)
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
- The Necromancer by Michael Scott (Review posted)
- The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (Review posted)
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Review posted)
- EON by Alison Goodman (Review posted)