This is something we like to do over on the TV site (though I must admit to being very neglectful lately), and as I was reading Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary last night, I got to thinking about how this series is really rising in the ranks of my favorite fantasy series, and that made me want to do a Top 5!
Bookish Top 5’s will be something that we continue to do from time to time, but I think we’ll avoid making it a regular feature for now just to avoid the Top 5 burnout experienced with the TV Top 5’s. But we always love suggestions, so if you have a Top 5 you’d like to see please let us know!
So, without further adieu, our first Bookish Top 5!
Top 5 YA Fantasy Series
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – Like you didn’t all see that coming. I don’t even think I need to explain. Harry is the heart of my book love.
- The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott – I discovered these books completely by accident, and am now hooked. I’ve been very impatiently awaiting the late May release of book #4 in this series.
- The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini – Although the books are taking far too long to come out, these books suck me in completely.
- Fablehaven by Brandon Mull – I love all the characters in this series, and the stories continue to surprise me. It’s never predictable and always filled with great adventure.
- Maximum Ride by James Patterson – This one can be a little over the top, but I’ve really grown to love Max and her flock of avian misfits. And with a great overall mystery, I’m always eager for more.
I had a hard time selecting that last one, The Darkest Powers trilogy was definitely a contender, but since it’s only 3 books I went with the longer Maximum Ride series.
Now, let’s hear your Top 5 YA Fantasy series! Please share your choices in the comments below.